You will never walk alone

Discover the new way to do Uni !


Student Advisors, located at VUHQ, are your first point of contact with VU. They provide personalised advice, and can connect you with the services below for further support. They’re available to chat face-to-face or over the phone.

Student advisors working with the students at the university library

We have a range of services available to assist you throughout your studies and to help you get the most out of university life. Few of them are mentioned below:

  • Financial advice & support
  • Student advising for success
  • International student support
  • Learning advice
  • Counselling
  • Disability & accessibility services
  • Sexual assault & family violence counselling service
  • Student advocacy
  • Student welfare
  • Health information
  • TAFE student support

The most popular key contacts of your support include- VUHQ, Course & unit advice, Careers advice, Safety in Melbourne, Safer community, Student mentors and VU employ.

To find more about advice and support, got to this link



Each College at VU has Course and Unit Advisors (CUAs) to help our students. They are the first point of contact if you need administrative assistance and advice relating to your course at VU. CUAs have a broad range of knowledge and expertise on the coursework programs within their College. They can provide help and guidance with most practical course-related matters.

Course and Unit Advisors (CUAS)

CUAs provide a range of academic administration services and course-specific advice.

Ask your College CUA about:

They can approve requests for:


Why make an appointment

Some services, like teach out course mapping, take time and require more in-depth support from your CUA

You can make an appointment to speak one-to-one with a CUA in your college if you need one of the following services:

  • Detailed course advice – If you are unable to follow the standard delivery plan for your course due to receiving Advanced Standing credits, changes in your course structure or unsuccessful completion of units.
  • Teach-out course mapping – If you are currently studying a course in teach-out mode and require assistance with selecting units for enrolment.
  • Victoria Abroad Overseas Study Plans – If you are a student undertaking an exchange program overseas and are seeking approval for your completed Overseas Study Plan.
University Proffesor, professional photo shoot with white-grey backdrop and green polo-tshirt with black glasses on and smirking

You can also book an appointment online, via ASKVU.

To find out more about CUA drop-in session at VUHQ, click here


Throughout the year, Course and Unit Advisors (CUAs) will be at VUHQ student service centres to perform some services, such as form approvals, that do not require an appointment. We encourage you to visit your CUA during their dedicated drop-in times at VUHQ for the following one-to-one services.

To view our weekly CUA drop-in sessions schedule, visit

Contact us

Call + 61 3 9919 6100

Monday to Friday – 9am-5pm